- 500 g CARROT with leaves (preferably organic)
- 1 slice (about 1cm) GINGER
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1 tablespoon OLIVE OIL
- 500 ml WATER
- 300 g AÇAÍ NATIVE BERRIES PURE UNSWEETENED (3 sachets)
- SALT to taste
- 200 g BLUE CHEESE (optional)
Wash the carrots, leaves and the ginger. Thoroughly dry carrot leaves, drizzle to taste (suggestion: olive oil, salt and turmeric). Toss thoroughly to combine, using hands to distribute the oil and seasonnings evenly. Spread the leaves over a large baking sheets and bake to 130° until crispy. Store in airtight containers to keep crisp longer.
Chop the carrot and the ginger slice. Open the garlic clove in half and remove the germ (which is indigestible). Heat the olive oil in a heavy large pan over medium-higth heat. Add carrot, ginger, and garlic and sauté. Add the water, salt to taste, cover and bring to boil.
When the carrot is very tender, puree the soup with a mixer or in a blender until smooth. Add the açaí, let it heat and serve immediately.
- Serve with blue cheese, which enhances the flavors of the soup.
- Intolerant or vegans can add smoked tofu, which will also anhance the flavors.
- Serve the soup with crispy carrot lef chips.